Burbank Fire units and Hazmat team were spotted rushing through the Buena Vista Street entrance of the Walt Disney Studios today. It happened just before 9 a.m. this morning. ABC-7 reported the problem was acid leaking from an overheated battery on one of the sound stages. Fire personnel contained the spill and treated “eight employees complaining of minor symptoms,” according to a news release from Simone McFarland, Burbank public information officer. Apparently the fumes from the leak caused some distress, but no one was transported to the hospital.
After fire crews tested the atmosphere and determined the area was safe, work resumed on the sound stage. As part of the protocol for this type of incident, Burbank Fire called in Los Angeles County Department of Health and Hazmat to investigate the situation.