Burbank Police revealed today that four people were arrested during a very busy DUI checkpoint operation at Hollywood Way and Tulare Avenue in the Media City, last Saturday. Nearly a thousand vehicles passed through the checkpoint between 9 p.m. and 2 a.m., according to a Burbank PD news release. Here are the official results.
- 997 vehicles passed through the checkpoint
- 817 drivers were screened for signs of driving under the influence
- Four drivers were arrested for driving under the influence
- 6 drivers were detained for the administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- 7 citations were issued to unlicensed drivers
- Two citations were issued for driving with a suspended license
- Five vehicles were impounded
- 19 warnings were issued for various vehicle code violation
The DUI checkpoint was funded by a grant for the purpose of raising awareness about the dangers of driving under the influence. Since a number of citations and warning were issue for other offenses, the checkpoint should serve as a warning to motorists about the importance of following all the rules of the road.